WEBCAST: RESPONDING TO THE LIQUIDATION LETTER: FINDING A POCKET FOR PAYMENT WHEN THE INSOLVENT CUSTOMER LIQUIDATES ASSETS OUTSIDE OF BANKRUPTCY
With some insolvent customers, especially the small and mid-sized, out-of-court workouts or state law liquidations such as Assignment for Benefit of Creditors may be preferred due their expediency as opposed to Chapter 11. However, out-of-court workouts and state law liquidations commonly lack transparency for suppliers. Indeed, suppliers often complain that state court liquidations are used by debtors to shed unsecured debt with no scrutiny. In this webcast, attorneys David Mannion, Sean Lowe and I will discuss the key aspects of these liquidation strategies:
• Types of Liquidation and Workout Options
- Close doors
- Bulk sale
- Secured party sale
- Negotiating settlements with individual creditors or groups of creditors
- Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors
- Trust indenture and security agreement
• Strategies for Unsecured Creditors
- Understanding and guarding the integrity of the process
- Collection options, including
- Claims against insiders and third parties
• Requirements and Benefits of an Involuntary Bankruptcy Filing
We will host a webcast of this topic on Thursday, August 23, 2018 at 11:00 a.m. pdt / 2:00 p.m. edt for 60 minutes. You may submit questions prior to the webcast, or you may post your questions and comments to the message board during the webcast. If your question is not addressed during the webcast, we will follow up on your query via email.
I can't make it
To test your system's capabilities in advance of the webcast, please click here to visit our test page.
Scott Blakeley, Esq.
18500 Von Karman Ave, 5th Floor
Irvine, CA 92612
V. (949) 260-0611 | F. (949) 260-0613
email@example.com / www.blakeleyllp.com